Spring Mosaic Water Color Art
Spring is such beautiful time of year that’s filled with lots color & sunshine. I just love everything about it! 🙂 Here is another ‘Spring’ inspired art project that you and your child will enjoy crafting. This Mosaic art is so fun, and is super easy to do with your kiddo. You will both be proud of this piece. Below you can find simple instructions on how to get started on this project. (Activity suited for ages 3+)
Supplies needed for this project:
- 12×12 inch white canvas
- Water color paints
- Painting paper
- Water color Paint brushes
- Glue Stick
- Child safe Scissors
- Water cup/water
Easy step-by-step instructions:
- Give your little artist a choice and have them pick out (3) of their favorite colored paints.
- Start by letting them paint freely with the water color paints making sure to cover the entire surface of the painting paper. Helpful tip: Join in & grab a brush! This is a great opportunity to model how paints brushes are used.
- Allow an hour or two for your paintings to dry completely.
- Once dry, use your scissors and began cutting triangles. The triangles cut-outs can be different sizes. Helpful tip: Demonstrate ‘cutting’ by using hand over hand technique with your child.
- Start by building your ‘Mosaic’ look, by laying out your triangle pieces onto the canvas as if it were a completed puzzle. Do this until you have reached a desired look.
- With your glue stick, paste your triangles one by one onto the canvas. Helpful tip: Demonstrate ‘pasting’ by using hand over hand technique with your child.
Helpful tips during art activities:
- Find the smile
- Seat your-self face to face with your child
- Eliminate distractions
- Follow your child’s lead
- Narrate as you go (Talk about the shapes you’re cutting/pasting & the different colors & supplies being used for the project)
- Offer help
This project improves and enhances:
- Joint attention skills
- Communication skills
- Fine motor skills
- Creative skills
- Sensory Input