Spring Floral Water Color Art!
Spring Break is almost here! Have some fun making this floral watercolor art. This project will have your kiddo feeling like they have just created a beautiful abstract masterpiece! Follow the directions below to create colorful works of art for a child’s room or teacher’s classroom. You can get creative by adding drawings to your artwork like flowers, butterflies or anything that feels like Spring to you Most of the supplies listed below is at your local Dollar Tree for only $1.00!!
Supplies needed for this project:
- White crayons
- Painting paper
- Paint brushes
- Water color paints
- Water cup/Water
- Paper plate
Easy step-by-step instructions:
- Give your little artist a choice and have them choose three different ‘Spring’ inspired colored paints.
- Start by drawing flowers with a white crayon onto your painting paper.
- Guide your child, and began by letting them paint freely with the brushes on painting paper. Helpful tip: Join in & grab a brush! This is a great opportunity to model how paints brushes are used.
- Allow paintings to dry for a few hours. If you want to display your child’s new Spring artwork! Please check out our blog to learn how to make your very own Art Display
Helpful tips during art activities:
- Find the smile
- Seat your-self face to face with your child
- Eliminate distractions
- Follow your child’s lead
- Narrate as you go (Talk about the different colors & supplies being used for the project)
- Offer help
This project improves and ehances:
- Joint attention skills
- Communication skills
- Fine motor skills
- Play skills
- Creative skills
- Sensory Input